The emotional roller coaster of the teenage years is often challenging and sometimes painful for both the young people living it and their parent/carers. This popular interactive talk empowers parents, teachers and teenagers by exploring aspects of:
- The science – Why do I feel like this?
Changes that occur in the brain and their consequences
- The strategies – How do we work together?
– Managing uncomfortable, subtle or overwhelming feelings
– When emotional sensitivity is above the norm
– Effective communication and negotiation
– Decision making and gaining perspective
Nigel Huddleston will lead this interactive talk and facilitate discussion and exercises around issues that are important to you.
Date: Wednesday 13th November 2013 Time: 7.30-9.00pm
Venue: The Friend’s Meeting House, Ship Street, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1AF.
Cost: £8 / head