Our expert tutors for ACCA Business and Technology (ACCA BT – F1) have successfully coached thousands of ACCA aspirants with a phenomenal passing rate of over 92%. Join their club with our Platinum Rated ACCA Online Courses today!
Business and Technology will teach you how businesses operate effectively, efficiently and ethically and will show the critical role finance professionals play in achieving this. You’ll understand business in the context of its environment, including economic, legal and regulatory influences on aspects like governance, employment, health and safety, data protection and security.
1. The purpose and types of business
2. Stakeholders in business organisations
3. Political and legal factors affecting
4. Macroeconomic factors
5. Micro economic factors
6. Social and demographic factors
7. Technological factors
8. Environmental factors
9. Competitive factors
1. The formal and informal business
2. Business organisational structure and design
3. Organisational culture in business
4. Committees in business organisations
5. Governance and social responsibility in business
1. The relationship between accounting and other business functions
2. Accounting and finance functions within business organisations
3. Principles of law and regulation
governing accounting and auditing
4. The sources and purpose of internal and external financial information, provided by business
5. Financial systems, procedures and
related IT applications
6. Internal controls, authorisation, security of data and compliance within business
7. Fraud and fraudulent behaviour and their prevention in business, including money laundering.
8. The impact of Financial Technology
(Fintech) on accounting systems
1. Leadership, management and
2. Recruitment and selection of employees
3. Individual and group behaviour in
4. Team formation, development and
5. Motivating individuals and groups
6. Learning and training at work
7. Review and appraisal of individual
1. Personal effectiveness techniques
2. Consequences of ineffectiveness at work
3. Competence frameworks and personal development
4. Sources of conflicts and techniques for conflict resolution and referral
5. Communicating in business.
1. Fundamental principles of ethical
2. The role of regulatory and professional bodies in promoting ethical and professional standards in the accountancy profession
3. Corporate codes of ethics
4. Ethical conflicts and dilemmas
The courses have been tailored by our experts to maximise your chances of exam success. They have been purpose designed using specific educational milestones which build on each other as the course progresses. The videos must be viewed in the given order to ensure you obtain both the required knowledge as well as the necessary techniques to pass your exams.
eBook versions of the study materials are included within your course. The vast majority of our students prefer the portability of eBooks over hardcopies. However, if you do have a strong preference to have hardcopy versions of the books then you can purchase them directly from the Kaplan Publishing website via the following link.
This is a learning reinforcement exercise and helps you take on board your new knowledge. The questions in the quiz are not exam standard questions though but instead are designed to help maximise your chances of retaining the knowledge you have obtained. Your dashboard on the homepage will show your performance at each quiz when compared to the overall average mark for all Synthesis Learning students.
You have a button called “contact your tutor” on each page of the learning portal except the dashboard/landing page. Click on the contact your tutor button and address your question to your tutor. Your tutor will aim to respond to your query within one working day. ExP operates a fair use policy for questions and the maximum number of questions you can ask your tutor per course is ten.
Our recommendation is to register for 2 courses at one time if you are an experienced student and are confident that you can balance the complexity of 2 professional exams as well as your work and personal commitments. Otherwise, we recommend starting with one course at a time and once you pass that one you can immediately enroll to the next one.
It’s important for us to monitor pass rates to ensure that our courses remain at the very forefront of quality eLearning education. It will also enable you have access to the Pass Guarantee scheme if applicable. In addition, if you are an employer funded student, it is important that your employer as your sponsor receives correct and complete reports on your progress and exam results.
Once you have been using your eLearning portal for two weeks, the study plan will start learning your study style and will make an adaptive plan unique to your own pattern of learning. The study plan will guide you with your studies and will recommend when you should view your tutorials according to your own learning pattern. You can also add dates when you will not be available for studying (for example, if you will be on holiday) and your study plan will adjust to take this into account.
Our portal is compatible with mobile devices including smartphones (iPhones and Android) and tablets such as iPads and Android tablets.